9.1 Method of Selection
9.2 Admission through Online Counseling
- The candidate declared/notified as qualified for counseling, based on the merit-rank, shall register for online counseling as per counseling instructions (also see ANNEXURE–X). Candidate shall forfeit the claim for admission if he/she, does not register for counseling with in specified date and time. Candidate who has not been declared/ notified as qualified for counseling, shall not be considered for admission on ICAR quota seats in any Agricultural University at any stage.
Candidate will be recommended for admission in the ICAR accredited subject/degree programme of choice in the accredited Agricultural Universities on the basis of merit in the Entrance Examination and availability of seats at his/her merit-rank during online counseling.
List of original documents with self-attested photocopies, photographs to be produced at the time of admission in the allotted university is as under:
- All certificates and mark sheets/grade reports, in original related to Class X and XII, Transfer Certificate/ School
Leaving Certificate, Character Certificate from the School last attended.
- In case of candidates from SC, ST and non-creamy layer of OBC categories, Original Certificate as per Central Govt. requirements and issued by Competent Authority.
- Medical Certificate in case of Physically Challenged (PC) candidates issued by Medical Officer of any Government Hospital with description of the kind and the degree of disability.
- In case the Date of Birth is not mentioned in Class X Certificate, Date of Birth (DOB) Certificate.
- e- Admit Card, hard copy of Online application Form and letter issued by the ICAR to qualified candidates related to admission.
- Three recent and clear passport size color photographs with name and datesame as uploaded on the Application Form.
- Domicile certificate.
- Aadhaar card or 28 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID copy or in case of candidates from J&K, Assam & Meghalaya, a copy of passport /ration card /bank passbook or any other valid Govt. Identity card as applicable.
- There will be online counseling only. The candidates declared qualified for counseling for the consideration of admission to the Agricultural Universities would be generally larger than the number of seats available, provided they have achieved a minimum of 50% marks for General and UPS categories and a minimum of 40% marks for SC/ST/PC categories in the Entrance examination. For OBC, it will be as per Supreme Court directives in this regard. The competent authority (DDG, Agril. Edn.) may relax the minimum qualifying marks in case the required number of candidates to be called for counseling are not available.
The Tentative online counseling process involves:
9.3 Filling of Vacant seats after the final round of online counseling
- For Online Counseling, qualified candidate will have to get registered by paying Rs.2000/ through online payment gate way of ICAR by using Credit/Debit card/Net banking.
- Only the registered candidate will be able to log on to online counseling page. He /she will be able to access the website from any place of his / her convenience like cyber cafe / home / office etc.
- If candidate does not remember his / her login ID and password then the login ID / password will be recoverable by input of some personal parameters.
- Details of available seat matrix (with reservation category), eligibility requirements, process of Online counseling, helpline numbers, parameter based Online search system for previous year admission cut offs will be available on the home page of the portal. Some other parameters related to accredited universities like their geographical location, course fee, date of registration, hostel facility, etc., will be displayed to facilitate the candidates.
- The candidates qualified in the entrance examination under different categories shall be permitted to make choice of Courses / University in stipulated time period.
- Only those accredited programme shall be displayed whose qualifying criteria is fulfilled by the candidate. Similarly, list of only those Universities will be displayed where the accredited programme desired by the candidate is offered.
- Candidate will be able to select the courses and university one by one in combination to select multiple choices for the courses. There will be provisions to add / modify / delete choices during the stipulated time period. Further, provision for interchange/ upward movement/ downward movement will also be
available and permissible any number of times.
- The procedure for exercising choices or seeking other information will be menu-driven and guide the candidates through appropriate messages on the computer screen.
- After completion of choice selection, the candidate will save the choices. He/ she will be able to take a draft printout so that he/ she can discuss the choices filled-with his/her mentors and update the same, if desired.
- Candidate can update his/ her choices any number of times before the last date/until the choices are locked by the candidate. If by the last date and time, the choices are not locked by the candidate, then the last saved choices will be automatically locked.
- Multiple login will be provided to all the accredited AUs so that they can login through their login ID and password. The Universities should be able to see the number and details of candidates who have chosen a particular course as their first / second / third choice etc.
- The locked choices shall be processed according to merit and available seats on a scheduled date for the allotment of seats. The candidates will be intimated through e-mail/SMS about the University and Course allotted. The list of allotted candidates will be updated in the relevant database.
- The candidates then will download the provisional allotment letter in PDF format from the portal.
- For admission, the successful candidates will report to the allotted University. The University will check online details of provisional admission offer (from ICAR) downloadable by the candidates for verification. After checking the original documents of the candidates, the university will issue the final admission letter online to the admitted candidates mentioning the award of NTS, as applicable. As a consequence of this, the university will update the database of the Admissions Given/ Admission Denied (with reason)/ Auto up-gradation requested by the candidate. If admission is given, then final admission letter will be generated. If admission is denied, then a regret letter will be generated and if auto-up gradation is requested, then an auto-up gradation letter will be generated. All such letters will be in pdf format and ready to print.
- Subsequent round of online counseling will be conducted immediately after the reporting is complete. The Auto-up-gradation requests to be first tried to give them their better choice. Then the next round shall be started.
- Thereafter, the same process for second and third rounds (if the need arises) of counseling will be followed.
- Candidate, not fulfilling the eligibility condition(s) at the time of admission in the allotted university, will forfeit claim for admission and will not be considered for seat allocation. Candidature in such cases shall be rejected summarily. No correspondence shall be entertained thereafter in this regard.
- Against total number of ICAR seats available for a particular degree programme in a university, not more than 40% of ICAR seats from one State would be allocated to any one university in that subject under a particular category. While computing 40% number, mathematical method of rounding to the nearest
integer would be adopted except where there is only one seat, in which case, the whole seat would be allocated. While rounding off, the number might exceed 40% to that extent.
- It should be noted carefully that ICAR allocates the University, whereas the choice of the accredited College within the University allotted shall be regulated by the University itself. The university will admit and place the candidates in accredited colleges and programmes only. Candidate may not approach ICAR, thereafter, for any specific College within the allotted University.
- In case a candidate has been admitted in a university and subject after the counseling, any request for change/transfer of subject/university thereafter, will not be entertained by ICAR. The candidate, once admitted in a degree programme as per his/her merit-rank and availability of seat at the time of
counseling, will not stake claim for change of subject/University later on after his/her admission is over.
- All admitted candidates will be required to submit original certificates and mark sheets to the Registrar of the allotted University, otherwise admission may not be granted. All original certificates submitted by the candidates may be sent to their respective Boards for verification. In case a candidate wishes to withdraw the original certificates after the admission, he/she shall directly request the allotted University for the same if the university rules permit so.
- If any candidate fails to deposit the prescribed admission fee and original certificates as required by the university, the admission may not be granted and candidate would forfeit his/her claim for admission.
- In case any particular Board is not recognized or has been derecognized by some university, ICAR will not be responsible for admitting students of that Board in the universities not willing to admit such candidates.
The ICAR quota seats after the final round of online counseling if remain vacant, shall automatically stand released to the Agricultural University concerned for filling up at their level and as per the procedure in vogue at the respective university. These seats will no more be called as ICAR seats and treated as university seats. Once the counseling/ admission process is over, filling up of any subsequent vacancies created due to any reasons, shall not be the responsibility of ICAR. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained either from the universities or from any candidate.
The candidate allotted seat through online counseling in a Agricultural University through ICAR examination, shall have to report to the concerned Agricultural University within the given time period for admission in the concerned university. Before proceeding for the admission, candidates must enquire about the fee etc. and
carry the same for admission.
- No correspondence from the candidates/ guardians/ parents will be entertained by the Council for seeking permission for late registration/ admission in the universities or issuing any direction in this regard.